Monday, January 20, 2020

Skim No. 2: Looking for my first skimboard

After deciding to pursue skimboarding this year, I started looking for local suppliers of skimboards here in Cebu. Of course, if you search the internet, some of the popular brands like Exile, Victoria and Zap will pop-up however, these brands are in the United States mostly and are quite expensive. As a beginner, I had no choice but to either look for local suppliers or make one myself.

I tried searching in Shopee and found that one supplier in Lapu-lapu (Yey!). Unfortunately, I found the price too steep but as l looked at the quality, I can say that it can par with some of the popular brands.




I tried looking for another supplier in Facebook and came across Skim Talisay. Just by looking at their cover page photo, my heart skipped a beat because the children were all holding skimboards and can't help comment that maybe, just maybe, someone must have made them. I immediately sent a message inquiring if they have boards for sale and waited.



One of the owners of Skim Talisay sent me a private message that he has currently skimboards on hand but he has to finish the batch. He sent me his price and I found it justifiable and expressed interest on any available stock. On top of that, the dimensions that he sent to me was more or less matched to my height and weight. Before leaving, he asked to like his page Drop Slide Skimboards.



If you are looking for a quality starting skimboard in Cebu, you can definitely search Zeal Deck, Skim Talisay and Drop Slide Skimboards in Facebook.

#exploreph #skimboardingcebu #itsmorefuninthephilippines

No comments: