Saturday, January 18, 2020

My First Skimboarding Post for 2020

After the busy start of the year, I suddenly recalled one of the hobbies of my college classmates that I never tried or indulged myself into-skimboarding. This is one of the more popular hobbies back in my college days mainly because the sandy beach is quite accessible from our school. I suddenly got intrigued and decided to learn this sport for the following reasons:

1. Start of the year means new opportunities and opportune time to start something. So as a personal goal this year, I decided to learn how to skimboard.

2. I recall my hometown Hilongos has a very long sandy beach yet I wonder why only a few try to skimboard. I mean, the tides, the waves, the sand is perfect for skimboard and if I learn skimboarding I get to do something new when I go home.

3. It's a personal fitness goal for me at the same time. I really don't like going to the gym to lift weights or run for a long time. I'm more into activities that are not exercise in itself but is competitive and fun and makes you fit at the same time.

I will be documenting my skimboarding journey in this blog. Hopefully, I will be able to learn and be good at this sport. As a start, I tried to look for the definition of skimboarding and found it here:


Its a Wiki page located at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skimboarding

#exploreph #skimboardingcebu #itsmorefuninthephilippines

No comments: